google.com, pub-5075614835530024, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Geometric Nail Art DIY | Classically Contemporary

Monday, May 26, 2014

Geometric Nail Art DIY


This geometric nail art design was, hands down, the fastest nail art I've ever done. Not only was I pressed for time, but it is much easier than it may look. Although my results weren't the cleanest, this is definitely a cool option to try out next time you have 10 minutes or less to polish up those fingertips. Here's what you'll need:


3 steps. Ready?

1. Apply painters tape to bare nails or on to dry base coat. Since I was using light coloured polish, I didn't use any base coat. I also used masking tape, which worked okay. Painters tape won't leave any sticky residue behind, which masking tape can do. 

2. Apply two thin coats of your desired polish to the nail area. I found that painting horizontally worked quite well for this. it isn't the easiest thing to do, but it definitely helps achieve a more even colour along the tape lines.

3. Remove tape after a few seconds. Clean up the lines if any polish seeped under the tape using a pointed cotton swab. Finish with a fast drying top coat, and apply a relatively thick, quick coat to avoid dragging the brush against the polish, which will cause colour to smudge into the bare space.

Et voila! 
I prepped my nail beds with my typical routine, outlined here. I initially got this idea from an All Lacquered Up post that I pinned to my nail inspiration board on Pinterest a few months back. I can't wait to try this quick and funky nail art method again, but with some glitter!

Happy painting xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig